Tandberg of Norway

Tandberg of Norway








My looong love-affaire with Tandberg began several decades ago, when I swapped ESS (dr. Heil tweeter) speakers for a Tandberg TL 5020 three ways speakers.


The Norway-made enclosures where so vastly superior in sound quality, I was using a HK Citation 12 and 11 combo, at the time, and also the finish was truly hitting my strings.


After some years, I sold them to a friend and bought, always pre-owned, a Studio Monitor model... incredibly nice and dynamic...


I used them for several years and sold them - now regretfully - when I got a Quad ESL bronze grille electrostatics...


Then, after some years, Stax F 81 and Futtermann H3AAA and Convergent Audio Technology SL-1 followed, but thats another story;-)


I recently got a nice pair of coaxial, Alnico speakers - i.e. - Tandberg 114-116-8 which was really gorgeous in appearance and sound... I sold them to a friend because I was in love for my Cabasse Dinghy 221... but when I purchased for cheap one pair of Tandberg System 11, still in use on the Foundation Designer stands, well... I kept them, dearly!

I realized that Tandberg of Norway is among the few manufacturer where the quality was paramount from bottom to top of the line models... and that, summing it up, I owned more gears from this very brand than other makers...


Yes: I owned Stax F 81 and Stax electrostatic earspekers, Quad ESL and ESL 63 and Quad 33, 303, FM3, 405, Quad II, and Studer B62, B67, A730... but...


I still own Tandberg 11 and Tandberg TD20A 2-tracks 19/38 cm/s open reel (at home, its so elegant and homely vs. Studers studio look...) and Tandberg 9200 XD 4-tracks, 3 speeds and also owned a 3500 open reel 4-tracks (fantastic sound quality in a cheap, unassuming package), now the property of a friend... and someway, Im in love with these gears... they seem to own a their own relaxed, timeless class, reminding to early hi-fi days, when purchising one of these fine electronics was an heavy expense, always well pondered and considered.










Sound-wise, all Tandbergs plays AMAZING and are very, very nice building quality... being sort-of prehistoric hi-fi and quite out of the BIG vintage deal, prices are still right and spares are quite common on Ebay.


I compared some master-dubs played on my pristine, serviced and aligned Telefunken M15A (78 db s/n!!!) with my Tandberg TD20A at 15 IPS and... you cannot believe it!!!


Nuances are so well treated... a true audiophile machine, deserving the VERY best audio system!


I invite everyone serious about audio and, most of all, open reel and tapes collecting, to give a try to Tandbergs... youll be maybe out of high prices collecting hypes, but youll get premium quality music.


Ha!






download file now

Popular posts from this blog

Asus Pegasus Hands on and Camera Samples

Schematic Sony Xperia neo L MT25i

UFI software version 1 2 0 371 Terbaru 2017